The Duomo

The Duomo

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Final Farewell

     I am happy to be home but also I am sad that I am back home where the people sleep and eat McDonalds. When I was sitting on the plane and glanced out my window, I could see Boston just beyond the horizon. I said to myself "I am home...YAY!" After I got off the plane and saw my mom waiting for me it made my day. When I got home and unpacked and relaxed on the couch all I could think about was Italy and how fast time flew by. I was in shock that I was sitting in my house and on the couch. It seems like just yesterday that I was in the apartment doing some homework for my photography class. Crazy! I sometimes flash back to when we would all go out in the morning on a new adventure with Marc and Barbara.
     The next day when I woke up my caffe hand was empty. I couldn't help but wonder why there wasn't a caffe latte with three sugars in my hand. Then I remembered that I was in America. The agony! I might be over doing it but this really happened. I definitely believe that this trip formed a bond between the six of us including the professor/professoressa. I mean how cool is it that you get to hang out with your teachers after class and get gelato? Thats pretty awesome! 
     On a more personal note Italy has changed me as a person and as an artist. Seeing the works of Michelangelo,Caravaggio, Donatello and Brunelleschi just brought tears of joy to my eyes because I never would have thought that I would see them this soon in my life. I could stare at their work all day. Since I am not a very religious person I felt like the churches had a huge impact on me as well because of the way it stands tall and reaches as high as it can to the sky. It just goes to show how there is no limit. I also enjoyed how over the top some of these places were and how you could almost feel the presences of past saints, popes etc. I am sure I will wonder over to europe again in the future. But until then ciao bella Italia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment