The Duomo

The Duomo

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stop And Stare

    Today we went to the Galleria Dell' Accademia and saw Michelangleo's David. This magnificicent sculpture was just overwhelming. I personally could not take it all in because I could not believe my eyes. This was the groups first time seeing the David in person. We were all speechless and our jaws dropped. We didn't have any other words besides "Oh. My. Gosh."
    The way Michelangleo presents the David to us is just absolutly stunning. He captures the human figure in a way that is indescribable. We could not get over the fact that a man with two hands and a chisel was able to make this. The piece is so well detailed that when you walk up to it you are able to see all the things you would see on a human figure. I highly doubt Michelangelo left anything out because if he did, then he sure fooled us. But on a serious note, if Michelangleo was here I would give him a great big hug and thank him for doing what he does best. 

1 comment:

  1. You have so clearly expressed my feelings too Molly and I have seen this work countless times. It does never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete