The Duomo

The Duomo

Friday, June 22, 2012

Some Italiano mumble jumble

I suppose the question is where to start..In terms of writing about my adventures in Italia. I have partially been in a delay with getting on the blog train due to having mixed thoughts. That in no way means that I am unhappy being here, because believe me, if there's one person out of this group who would take staying in Europe and backpacking throughout the entire Summer, I'm the one who would most definitely go through with it in a heartbeat. There are many things that I have greatly enjoyed about this trip but there have been some downfalls as well. In addition, I find my days so chaotic that one of the last things I feel up to doing is spending sufficient time on my computer to proceed with blog entries and so forth...which is the complete opposite back home. In a way, I feel that that is a great thing. I'm constantly on the go even more here and electronic devices, other than listening to music, have been of no significant interest to me. I have been so focused on wanting to be out and about. I'm the type of person that loves to try and make the absolute most of an opportunity when it comes along. 
















 I find myself being extremely happy and energetic to be here. Both Italia and Firenze itself, are absolutely beautiful locations to visit and explore!! I find that the art, food and   shopping are three key things here. I can't count the amount of times I have been speechless at the art work that I have been able to see and/or photograph. I find it highly amusing that I managed to get yelled at in a museum for taking photos...just as I had thought before I came here. "NOOOOO FOTOS!" ...I just laughed and walked away. I can't help it. I truly have a huge passion for photography and up until the near end of this trip, I've constantly been inspired to take shots of anything and everything. My Photography course has been pretty great. I'm bummed that I recently missed the field trip to the Mental Institution, due to sun poisoning. However, my professor is wonderful and I have greatly been inspired to pursue further in photography and I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. My final presentation was exciting but nerve/wrecking. It went good and my professor was very pleased with my work, which is very exciting!!
I've come across some wonderful people from Italy or other surrounding European locations. But let's not forget night life. I've endured some very joyful surroundings, but have dealt with some disrespect from nasty Italiano or other random men. You have to watch out for yourself here at night, that's for sure! Sometimes the girls and I have experienced some humorous situations where you just have to stop and laugh though. For instance, the first night when we were walking around by the fake David. These guys were literally trying to get our attention based on our dinner of choice for the evening. The pick up line in Italy is apparently... Can I have some of your pizzaaa
HAHA... Other times we've walked around town, there will be guys on bicycles that do humorous hand signals. I remember this guy puckering his face and winking and I couldn't help but bust out laughing and Hannah's commentary was something to the effect of I feel quite disgusted right now...Haha. 
 Now, that I've begun blogging I feel that I could write and write and write! There's so much that can be told about Italia, and once I start typing I cant stop. CIAO for now!

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, I am really glad that you have expressed yourself here as there have been times when I wasn't sure how you felt about some of our experiences. You have eloquently described your feelings, adventures, sights, shopping [of course..] and the food.

    The personal experiences that you and the other women have had are part of the joy, adventure and, for me, concern of such a trip. You have all come through this well and to say I have been impressed by you all is an understatement!

    Yes, I have done this many times, been here often but as you have heard me say numerous times, it still wows me. Ultimately for me the thing I enjoy most about teaching is what you-all teach me, how you see things I never do, how you experience and understand in ways I never can. You and the rest of our group have shown me Firenze in a different way, I thank you!

    ReplyDelete